You can now take advantage of being able to book your MOT right now 24hrs a day 7 days a week with our simple to use online booking system. Once you have made the booking you will receive an email confirming your booking. All that is left to do is turn up at the allotted time.
If your vehicle should not meet the standards required to be issued with an MOT test certificate we will gladly prepare a no obligation quote for any MOT repairs that that maybe required, which we will happily email to you so that you can see exactly what repairs and costs are involved. Upon your approval of the MOT repair quotation, we would commence work as soon as possible and in most cases this MOT repair work will be carried out the same day. On completion an MOT retest will be carried out (all old parts will be retained for your inspection until the car has been collected).
Once your vehicle has passed its MOT test you will be issued with an MOT test certificate, a copy of the MOT failure certificate and a fully itemised invoice.
Below is a List of the areas that the MOT Checks:
- The doors
- Latch securely in closed position. Front doors should open from inside and outside the vehicle. Rear doors may need to be opened to gain access to testable items.
- The mirrors
- The minimum numbers are on the vehicle, their condition and security.
- Load security
- Boot or tailgate can be secured in the closed position.
- The brakes
- Their condition, operation and performance (efficiency test). Note the removal of the road wheels is not part of the test.
- The tyres and wheels
- Their condition, security, size, type and tread depth. Spare tyres are not inspected.
- The registration plates
- Their condition, security, characters correctly formed and spaced.
- The lights
- Their condition, operation and security. Headlamps for aim.
- The bonnet
- Securely latches in the closed position.
- The wipers and washers
- Operate to give the driver a clear view ahead.
- The windscreen
- Its condition and the driver’s view of the road.
- The horn
- Operates correctly and is of a suitable type.
- The steering and suspension
- Are of a satisfactory condition and operation.
- The vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Is on vehicles first used on or after 1 August 1980. Not more than one different VIN is displayed except on multistage build vehicles.